Student Athlete Advisory Committee (2014-2015)
What is SAAC?
SAAC is the voice of the student athlete.
Student-athletes have a voice in the NCAA through advisory committees at the campus, conference and national level. Each committee is made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience and offer input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes' lives on campus.
Meetings are held every-other Sunday at 7:00 p.m. in the Coaches' Suite in Kaiser Hall.
Goals of SAAC
- Provide communiction between athletics administration and student-athletes.
- Disseminate information.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
- Solicit student-athletes responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
- Organize community service efforts.
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees (e.g., student government).
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.
SAAC Officers for 2014-2015:
Jamal Fruster - Senior - Men's Track & Field
Stephen Walmsley - Senior - Men's Soccer
James Frey - Sophomore - Men's Track & Field
Morgan Wallace - Junior - Women's Lacrosse
Nicole Dean - Sophomore - Women's Volleyball
Kelsey Murphy - Sophomore - Women's Lacrosse
Kristine Kelly - Sophomore - Women's Soccer
Maddie Smith - Freshman - Women's Volleyball
Molly McCarthy - Compliance
*SAAC is a club and is therefore open to all students of the CCSU community.
Events and Activities for 2014-2015:
- Charity Dodgeball Tournament
- Peer Ambassador Program (Interval House)
- NEC Penny Wars (The Cancer Recovery Center)
- NEC Building Communities Campaign
- Operation Christmas Child
- New Britain 9th Grade Academy
- Care for Kenya