The Central Connecticut men's basketball team lost at Dartmouth on Wednesday, 76-60, at Leede Arena. The Big Green shot 58.6% from the field after halftime to pull away after the Blue Devils tied the game early in the second half. Freshmen Jamir Reed led CCSU with a career-high 15 points, while classmate Trey Tennyson added a personal-high 12 points. Central wraps up its three-game road swing with a game at Penn State on Friday night.
Reed had 13 of his points after halftime, while Tennyson scored in double-figures for the second straight game. CCSU shot 23-of-60 (.383) from the field and was 7-of-22 (.318) from three-point range. Central was 7-of-14 (.500) at the foul line. The Blue Devils committed just 11 turnovers, while forcing 12, but was outrebounded 45-34.
Chris Knight was 8-of-8 from the field and led Dartmouth with 18 points. The Big Green shot 17-of-29 in the second half and finished 28-of-57 (.491) from the field for the game. Dartmouth was 6-of-26 (.231) from three-point range and 11-of-19 (.579) from the foul line.
Score: Central Connecticut 60, Dartmouth 76
Records: CCSU (0-11), Dartmouth (7-5)
Location: Leede Arena | Hanover, NH
- Central opened the scoring on a jumper by senior Jamir Coleman, bt the Big Green came back with seven unanswered points.
- CCSU would hold Dartmouth scoreless for over five minutes and scored six straight to tie the game at 20-20 on a layup by frreshman Greg Outlaw.
- After the Blue Devils took a momentary 23-22 lead following a three-point play by freshman Trey Tennyson, Dartmouth would score nine straight points to take a 31-23 lead at halftime.
- Central made 4-of-6 three-pointers to open the second half and would tie the game at 45-45 with 12:06 to play on a three by freshman Jamir Reed.
- Dartmouth responded with five straight points by Trevon Ary-Turner to retake the lead. The lead would grow to 52-45 before Central ended the run.
- The Big Green extended the lead to double-digits with a 17-2 run, while holding CCSU scoreless for over three minutes to pull away.
NUMBER TO KNOW
5 - CCSU shot 5-of-11 (.455) from three-point range in the second half and tied the game at 45 before Dartmouth built a double-digit lead.
- Dartmouth leads the all-time series, 5-2. The teams were meeting for the first time since Nov. 20, 1999 (CCSU, 63-61).
- Reed scored 13 of his points after halftime and had three three-pointers. Reed added a team-high two assists.
- Tennyson scored in double-figures for the second straight game and finished with 12 points, making three three-pointers.
- Freshman Myles Baker grabbed a career-best six rebounds to lead CCSU.
- CCSU which entered the game ranking fourth in the Northeast Conference in steals, collected five steals.
- Dartmouth outscored Central, 42-22, in the paint.
Central wraps up its three-game road swing with a game at Penn State on Friday night.