The Central Connecticut men's basketball team eased past Connecticut College, 89-55, on Sunday afternoon at Detrick Gymnasium. The Blue Devils shot 60.0 percent from three-point range and limited the Camels to just 22 points in the second half to pull away. Central opens Northeast Conference play against Robert Morris on Thursday, Jan. 2.
Sophomore Ian Krishnan pumped in a game-high 23 points, while freshman Myles Baker had 12 points and senior Jamir Coleman added 11 points. Central shot 34-of-61 (.557) from the field and was 12-of-20 (.600) from the arc. The Blue Devils totaled 22 assists, led by Coleman's four. CCSU forced 26 turnovers by the Camels.
Score: Central Connecticut 89, Connecticut College 55
Records: CCSU (1-12), Conn College (3-6)
Location: Detrick Gymnasium | New Britain, CT
- The Blue Devils faced a 5-0 deficit early before holding the Camels without a field goal for nearly five minutes and scoring 12 straight points. A three-pointer by freshman Jamir Reed put CCSU ahead, 12-5.
- Conn College would tie the game at 15-15 before Central scored eight straight points and had a 10-2 run to build a 25-17 lead with 7:30 left in the half. CCSU would rattle off six straight points later in the period to build its largest lead of the half at 38-24 following a steal and layup by freshman Myles Baker.
- Conn College made it 47-39 with 17:17 to go in the game before CCSU would go on a 10-0 run to open a 57-39 lead. Senior Tyler Rowe had a pair of three-pointers in the spurt, which extended to a 22-2 run and pushed the CCSU lead to 69-41.
- The Blue Devils held the Camels without a field goal during a span of 7:28 in the second half. Central break open an eight-point game and push the lead to as much as 87-53.
NUMBER TO KNOW
22 - CCSU combined for a season-high in assists.
- The teams were meeting for the first time.
- Krishnan finished 8-of-14 from the field and was 5-of-10 from three-point range in his first action of the season.
- Central had a +16 turnover margin in the game, its best of the season.
- The Blue Devils collected 12 steals, the eighth game of the season with six or more more. Rowe and Baker each had three.
- Rowe finished with nine points, two assists and three steals in his first action with the Blue Devils
Central opens Northeast Conference play against Robert Morris on Thursday, Jan. 2.