Belmont Defeats Central 3-2 in 2 OT's

Belmont Defeats Central 3-2 in 2 OT's

The Central Connecticut men's soccer team fell to Belmont on Friday night 3-2.  The game was finished well after regulation, going into two overtime periods.  The Blue Devils fall to 1-4-0 on the season after the loss.  They have dropped four straight games on the road.

The Bruins appeared on the score board first as Brandon Tarr put in his first goal of the night in the 15th minute of the first period.  The assist came from teammate Nico Olsak.

Senior captain Reece Wilson struck first for Central, netting the Blue Devils' first goal of the game in the 63rd minute of action.  Wilson scored off of an assist from classmate Thomas Obasi answering Belmont's first goal of the game.  The goal was Wilson's first score of the 2012 season.

After the score being locked up at 1-1 going into the half, Central netted the first goal of the second period putting in a shot at the 63rd minute of play.  Junior Eddy Bogle scored his third goal of the season off of an assist from senior Jesse Menzies.

Tarr of Belmont struck again as he took yet another assist from Olsak and scored the Bruin's second goal of the game to knot it up at 2-2.

Neither team could cut the tie before the end of regulation, sending the game into it's first overtime period.  After three combined shots from both teams, two from Central and one from Belmont, the first overtime period ended with the same 2-2 result.

Brandon Tarr of Belmont earned a hatrick as the Bruins edged Central with under two minutes remaining in the second overtime.  All three assists were made by Bruin teammate Nico Olsak as he fed Tarr in the 108th minute of play to score the Bruin's game winning goal.

The shot count proved to be even between both teams after two regulation periods and two overtime periods.  Belmont slightly edged the Blue Devils in shots on goal with nine over Central's eight.

Sophomore Rafal Krauze saw his first start in goal for Central Connecticut on Friday night playing for 45 minutes in the box.  He tallied two saves off of three shots on goal and let up one goal in the contest.  Junior Josef Abele picked up the loss after totaling 63 minutes in goal for the Blue Devils.  He managed four saves off of six shots on goal.

The Blue Devils return to the pitch on Sunday, September 16th as they face off against Lipscomb at 1:05 p.m. (EST). Sunday's match will conclude competition for the Blue Devils at the Belmont University Invitational.

Men's Soccer Honored by NSCAA
November 16, 2012 Men's Soccer Honored by NSCAA
Men's Soccer Tops Lipscomb, 3-1
September 16, 2012 Men's Soccer Tops Lipscomb, 3-1
UNH Tops Men's Soccer 2-0
September 9, 2012 UNH Tops Men's Soccer 2-0