The Central Connecticut men's cross country team posted a seventh place finish out of 25 teams at the New England Championships in Boston, MA. Two Blue Devils finished in the top 20 out of a field of 170 runners. Senior Roberto Piotto finished in third place with a time of 24:46.9.
Meet: New England Championships – Men's 8K
Team Score: 7th of 25
Location: Franklin Park – Boston, MA
KEY MOMENTS | RESULTS
- Senior Roberto Piotto earned the bronze medal after a 24:46.9 finish.
- Classmate Richard Grudzwick recorded a new personal when he clocked in at 25:23.7 in 17th place.
- Freshman Elias Field was next in for Central at 25:54.0.
- Last year at New Englands, Central finished 12th out of 26 teams
- Piotto finished in the top 5 (fifth) recording his career best time of 25:05.3.
- Senior Julio Arredondo recorded a personal best time of 26:59.9 in today's 8K.
The Central Connecticut men's cross country team hosts the CCSU Mini Meet on Friday, Oct. 25 in Stanley Quarter Park in New Britain, CT.