The Central Connecticut women's basketball team fell to Albany 73-63 on Sunday morning in Detrick Gymnasium in New Britain, CT. Central led for the entire first half, but a 14-point run in the third shifted the momentum to Albany. The Blue Devils fall to 0-6 on the season as the Great Danes improve to 3-5.
Senior Bruna Vila Artigues tied her career-high 13 points shooting 4-6 from the floor and a perfect 4-4 from the foul line. Junior Ashley Berube also hit double-figures with 12 points, eight rebounds, six assists, and four blocks. The team shot a season-high 89.5 percent (17-19) from the foul line.
Score: Central Connecticut 63, Albany 73
Records: Central Connecticut (0-6), Albany (3-5)
Location: Detrick Gymnasium - New Britain, CT
- Central opened the game shooting 5-of-7 from the floor including a half court steal and finish by sophomore Danielle Delano.
- The Blue Devils went cold to start the second quarter. Ashley Berube hit Bruna Vila Artigues on a basket cut with 5:26 on the clock. CCSU and UA both scored 13 points in the second.
- Albany scored seven straight points to take their first lead of the game with 4:46 to play in the third.
- Two free throws by Artigues stopped a 14-point run by the Great Danes in the third quarter.
- Ashley Forker hit a shot from beyond half court just before the buzzer sounded to tie the game 45-45 going into the fourth.
NUMBER TO KNOW
16 - CCSU had 16 assists on 20 field goals.
- Blue Devils led for the entire first half.
- Bruna Vila Artigues tied her career-high 13 points.
- The team recorded 16 assists on 20 made field goals.
- Ashley Berube finished two rebounds shy of a double-double (12pts, 8rbs, 6ast, 4blk).
- The team shot a season-high 89.5 percent from the foul line.
Central Connecticut hosts UMass Lowell on Thursday, Dec. 5 at 7 p.m.