The Central Connecticut women's basketball team fell to Florida Gulf Coast 94-60 on Tuesday night inside Alico Arena in Fort Myers, Fla. Four players scored double-digits for CCSU lead by junior Ashley Berube with 15 points and four rebounds. Freshman Dejah Jenkins scored a career-high 12 points marking her first double-figure game this season.
CCSU falls to 0-10 on the year as FGCU improves to 11-1. The Blue Devils traded baskets in the opening quarter trailing by just four points (22-18) at the end of the first. Offense slowed as Central shot 2-16 (16.7 percent) in the second and trailed 51-30 at the half. Four Eagles scored over a dozen each, led by Nasrin Ulel who dropped 23 points.
Score: Central Connecticut 60, Florida Gulf Coast 94
Records: CCSU (0-10), FGCU (11-1)
Location: Alico Arena - Fort Myers, Fla.
- Central started off the game a perfect 4-4 from the floor. Ashley Berube connected on three of her first four shots scoring seven of Central's first 12 points.
- The Blue Devils trailed by just four at the end of the first shooting 53.3 percent (8-15) in the opening quarter.
- Berube ended a 6-0 run by FGCU sinking two free throws to cut the lead 29-23.
- Central went over five minutes without a field goal allowing the Eagles to extend the lead 35-25 with 4:14 to play until halftime.
- Dejah Jenkins hit a new career-high scoring her ninth point with a floater in the paint in the third quarter, she finished the game with 12 points.
- Ashley Berube finished with 15 points, her fifth double-figure game of the season.
- Dejah Jenkins scored a season-high 12 points, her first time posting double-digits this season.
- Jamey Napoleon went 2-2 from the foul line, she is 13-14 from the charity stripe on the year.
NUMBER TO KNOW
4 - Central made its first four baskets of the game.
Central closes its non-conference slate at Hartford on Saturday at 2 p.m. The Blue Devils return home on Jan. 2 when they host NEC opponent Robert Morris.