The Central Connecticut women's basketball team fell to Robert Morris 80-42 Saturday night in Moon Township, PA. The Blue Devils trailed by just five at halftime but scored just 13 points in the second half. Junior Emma McCamus led CCSU with 14 points.
Central falls to 2-19 on the year and 1-9 in conference, while Robert Morris improves to 14-6 overall and 9-0 in league.
Score: Central Connecticut Records: CCSU (2-19, 1-9 NEC), RMU (14-6, 9-0 NEC)
Location: UPMC Events Center – Moon Township, PA
- Emma McCamus scored six of the first 10 points for Central, shooting 2-3 from the floor and 2-2 from the foul line.
- The Colonials went on a 13-2 run taking an 11-point lead by the end of the first 10 minutes of play.
- Central went on an 8-2 to cut the lead to two (27-25) with 3:25 to play in the second.
- The Blue Devils outscored RMU 19-13 in the second quarter and shot a perfect 8-8 from the foul line in the first half.
- McCamus ended a 10-0 run by RMU with a three pointer from the top of the key.
- Robert Morris extended the lead to 20 after a 13-3 run during the third quarter.
NUMBER TO KNOW
16 – The Blue Devils forced 16 turnovers for the Colonials.
- McCamus finished with 14 points, her fourth straight game of hitting double-figures.
- Ashley Berube and Ashley Chin each grabbed a team-high six rebounds.
- The Blue Devils had seven steals, each coming from a different player.
Central continues on the road to Saint Francis U on Monday night in Loretto, PA.