The Central Connecticut women's lacrosse team will play its 2013 home opener this afternoon at Arute Field. The Blue Devils (0-1) will host the nationally ranked #19/20 Stony Brook Seawolves (1-1) at 4 p.m.
The Blue Devils are 0-3 all-time against the Seawolves, including a season opening loss last season. However, today's game is at Arute Field where the Blue Devils are 6-1 under second year head coach Kelly Nangle.
As always, admission to Arute Field is free for all CCSU lacrosse games.
Here are some notes on the Blue Devils heading into today's game:
• The Blue Devils are 1-0 in home openers under head coach Kelly Nangle
• This is the second time this year (2012-13) CCSU has faced a ranked opponent on Arute Field - football hosted Lehigh on Sept. 8, 2012
• Senior Betsy Vendel is now just 13 points behind Tracey Uellendahl on CCSU's career list
• Senior Meaghan McCurry scored her 100th career goal in the 11-10 loss to Lafayette. McCurry's four-goal game against the Leopards gives her 103 career goals. She is now second on CCSU's career list.
• Seniors Betsy Vendel and Mackenzy Ryan also had four-point games in the loss. Vendel with three goals and an assist and Ryan with two goals and two assists.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Morgan Tullar earned Northeast Conference Defensive Player of the Week honors on Monday afternoon. In her first collegiate start, Tullar recorded 11 saves, including stops on 6-of-12 free position attempts by the Leopards.