The Central Connecticut women's lacrosse team returns to Arute Field to host the Catamounts of Vermont on Saturday afternoon. The Blue Devils (2-4) and Catamounts (7-2) are scheduled for a 1 p.m. start.
Notes on the Blue Devils heading into Saturday's contest...
• This is the fifth meeting in the all-time series between the Blue Devils and Catamounts, but the programs have not met since the 2005 season. Vermont holds a 4-0 record in the series.
• Today is the first of three-straight home games for the Blue Devils after playing four-straight contests on the road.
• Freshman Marissa Soto was selected as the NEC Rookie of the Week on Monday, March 17. Soto registered her first career goal and assist over a pair of games at Stony Brook and Brown. She also had four ground balls and three draw controls on the week. On the season, Soto ranks third on the team in draw controls with six and is tied for third on the squad in ground balls with eight.
• Senior Amanda Toke currently leads the Blue Devils in points (18), goals (13), assists (5) and is tied for the team lead in draw controls with (23).
• Northeast Conference play will begin on Friday, April 4 with a road contest at Mount St. Mary's. The Blue Devils will then travel to Wagner to play on Sunday, April 6. CCSU will play four straight home conference games on April 11, 13, 18 and 25. The final NEC contest of the season will be at LIU Brooklyn on April 27. The NEC Tournament is scheduled to begin on May 2.