The Central Connecticut women's lacrosse team lost its home opener 10-9 to St. Bonventure on Sunday at Arute Field. The Blue Devils (0-2) led 5-3 at halfitme, but the Bonnies (2-0) outscored CCSU 7-4 in the second half.
Cooper Cowdin made nine saves for CCSU, including numerous close-range stops to preserve leads throughout the game.
Central's next game is Thursday, Feb. 20 at Holy Cross at 4pm.
Score: St. Bonaventire 10, Central Connecticut 9
Records: CCSU (0-2), StB (2-0)
Location: Arute Field, New Britain, CT
- After an early goal by St. Bonaventure, Central scored the next three to lead 3-1.
- The Bonnies cut it to 3-2 with 16:12 left in the first half, before the teams traded goals until halfitme - where CCSU led 5-3.
- Raphaela DaSilva scored her second goal of the game :13 into the second half to give the Blue Devils a 6-3 lead.
- Katelyn Parker pushed the lead to 7-5 with 15:55 remaining in the game.
- St. Bonaventure then scored the next four goals of the game to claim a 9-7 lead.
- CCSU cut it to 9-8 with a goal from Kaitlyn Rapp with 7:38 left.
- The Bonnies made it 10-8 on Destinee Johnson's sixth goal of the game with 4:16 remaining.
- Molly Coogan made it 10-9 with 3:39 left.
NUMBER TO KNOW
3 - Sinton had 3 points (2 goals, 1 assist) vs St. Bonaventure, after scoring 3 goals at UMass Lowell.
- Junior Cooper Cowdin made 9 saves in goal for the Blue Devils.
- St. Bonaventure held a 26-23 advantage in shots.
- Sophomore Lily Sheridan added an assist for the Blue Devils.
- Nina Sutton had a team-high 6 draw controls.
The Blue Devils play at Holy Cross on Thursday, Feb. 20 at 4pm