The Central Connecticut women's soccer team fell to Yale 3-0 on Sunday evening in New Haven, CT. The team fell down 1-0 less than ten minutes into the match and Yale would score two more goals in the second to put the game out of reach. The Bulldogs outshot the Blue Devils 13-6 on the game. Central is off for a week then travels to Mount St. Mary's on Sunday, Sept. 29.
Score: Central Connecticut 0, Yale 3
Records: Central Connecticut (2-3-4, 0-0-1 NEC), Yale (6-2, 0-0 IVY)
Location: New Haven, CT
- Chloe Laureano gave the Bulldogs an early 1-0 lead after teammate Noelle Higginson took a shot that was blocked by Roma McLaughlin. The ball deflected to Laureano who sent it in and scored (7:47).
- Higginson scored the second goal of the game with a left foot shot from the top of the box giving Yale a 2-0 lead (59:09).
- Ellery Winkler scored the final goal of the match, connecting off a deflection (70:36).
NUMBER TO KNOW
3 – Before tonight's match, Central had beaten Yale in the last three meetings.
- Today marks the first match of the season where Central has given up three goals. The last team to score three goals against CCSU was Georgetown in the first round of the 2018 NCAA Tournament.
- Yale had a 13-6 advantage in shots and 5-1 edge in shots on goal.
- Freshman Caitlin Murphy had two saves in the net for the Blue Devils.
- The Blue Devils are 3-9 all-time against the Bulldogs.
Central begins its nine-game conference slate in a week when it travels to Mount St. Mary's on Sunday, Sept. 29 and Fairleigh Dickinson on Thursday, Oct.3. The team is back in New Britain on Sunday, Oct. 6 when it hosts St. Francis Brooklyn.