In its sixth overtime match of the season, the Central Connecticut women's soccer team fell to Fairleigh Dickinson 1-0 on Thursday night. The Knights scored the lone goal off a header with less than five minutes remaining in the second overtime.
Score: Central Connecticut 0, Fairleigh Dickinson 1 (2OT)
Records: Central Connecticut (3-4-4, 1-1-1 NEC), Fairleigh Dickinson (4-5-3, 3-0-0 NEC)
Location: Teaneck, NJ
- The Blue Devils had five corner kick opportunities and seven shots on goal. The Knights had just three shots on goal and took two corner kicks.
- In the 105th minute, Viktorija Miseljic headed the ball off a cross from Alexiane Marquis for the game-winner.
NUMBER TO KNOW
5 – Central had five corner kick opportunities in tonight's match.
- The last time Central lost a regular season conference match was Oct. 1, 2017 (1-0 against Mount St. Mary's).
- The last time these two teams faced each other was at the 2018 NEC Tournament Semifinal with Central prevailing 2-1.
- CCSU has won 15 of the 23 meetings against Fairleigh Dickinson.
After six-straight games on the road, the Blue Devils are back in New Britain on Sunday, Oct. 6 against St. Francis Brooklyn. Kickoff for the women's team is at 3 p.m. following the men's soccer match at 11 a.m.