Head Coach Mick D'Arcy won his 200th career game as the Central Connecticut women's soccer cruised to a 5-2 victory at home over Robert Morris on Friday afternoon. The win moves the Blue Devils to 8-4-4 overall and and 6-1-1 in Northeast Conference play with the win. The Blue Devils are now 6-0-1 at home this season and an impressive 22-0-3 at home in their last 25 home games. The win is the fifth straight for the Blue Devils. Central allowed a goal for the first time since a 1-0 loss to Fairleigh Dickinson on Oct. 3. CCSU has outscored its opponents 20-2 during the five match winning streak.
Score: Central Connecticut 5, Robert Morris 2
Records: Central Connecticut (8-4-4, 6-1-1 NEC), Robert Morris (4-10-2, 2-5-1 NEC)
Location: New Britain, CT
"Obviously 200 is a landmark but the reality of it is the goal is to get 201, it's all about the next one," D'Arcy said after the game. "That's what we do. Maybe when the season's over we will sit back and look at it, about what it took to get to this point, but really the focus is to get 202, 203 and it goes on from there. That's what this program is about, on to the next game."
- The Blue Devils scored in the first two minutes of the game when junior Erica Bardes took a pass from senior Emily Hogan at 1:17 to give CCSU the 1-0 lead.
- The lead reached 2-0 at 21:40 when junior Jenna Rae Covello scored her third goal of the season.
- Central led 3-0 before halftime on the third goal of the season from freshman Giavanna Inzerillo at 35:47.
- Senior Yo Tachibana scored her second goal of the season at 81:27, answering after Robert Morris had cut the lead to 3-1.
- Covello's second goal, and fourth of the season, completed the scoring at 84:26.
NUMBER TO KNOW
200 – Mick D'Arcy records his 200th career victory, all as the head coach of CCSU.
- The Blue Devils are now 22-0-3 at home in their last 25 games, outscoring their opponents 60-9 in that span.
- Seventeen of those 25 games have been shutouts for the Blue Devils.
- CCSU is now 6-1-1 in the NEC, and 14-1-1 in the last two seasons.
- CCSU will honor its senior class prior to Sunday's home finale vs. Saint Francis.
Central will honor its seniors in the final home game on Sunday, Oct. 27 against Saint Francis at 2 p.m.