The Central Connecticut swimming and diving team was outscored by New Hampshire, 175-110, Saturday at the Jack Suydam Natatorium. The Blue Devils won three events in a home dual meet against the Wildcats.
Score: Central Connecticut 110, New Hampshire 175
Location: Jack Suydam Natatorium (New Britain, CT)
KEY PERFORMANCES | COMPLETE RESULTS
- Senior Kirsten Bednarz scored 176.77 points in the three-meter diving event. Classmate Reagan Kenney scored 123 points to help CCSU finish first and second.
- Sophomore Mariana Espino won the 200 yard IM with a time of 2:17.93, edging seniors Grace Regan (2:18.81) and Keelin Kendall (2:19.46).
- Central's 'A' relay won the 200 yard freestyle relay. Sophomores Jeannette King, Katie Czulewicz, Hallie Perrin and Simona Visinski turned in a time of 1:40.94.
- CCSU 'A' (sophomore Kaylin McMahon, Espino, senior Katelyn Mann, King) placed second in the 400 yard medley relay with a time of 4:01.82.
- King also placed second in the 100 yard freestyle (53.86).
- Junior Erin Brown placed second in both the 100 yard backstroke (1:01.73) and the 200 yard backstroke (2:11.92).
- Senior Erika Maercklein had a second place finish in the 200 yard free (1:56.17) and placed third in the 500 yard free (5:13.59).
- Freshman Shannon Welcome finished second in the 100 yard fly (1:01.06).
- Central swimmers earned third-place finishes with senior Grace Fredericks in the 1000 free (11:21.20), sophomore Mariana Espino in the 100 yard breaststroke (1:08.76), sophomore Kaylin McMahon in the 200 fly (2:15.33), Visinski in the 50 free (25.53), sophomore Alex Lindgren in the 200 breaststroke (2:28.09), and Mann in the 100 yard butterfly (1:01.11).
Central hosts Bryant and Wagner on Nov. 1 and 2.