The Central Connecticut swimming and diving team won a pair of events on Thursday night at the Northeast Conference Swimming and Diving Championships in Nassau County Aquatic Center in East Meadow, NY. Sophomore Jeannette King won the 50 yard freestyle and the Blue Devils won the 200 yard freestyle relay.
In the team standings, CCSU is in second with 218 points. Bryant (290) continues to lead the team standings, while Wagner (205) is in third place.
Fans can watch all of the action live on NECFrontRow.com.
Northeast Conference Championships | NEC CHAMPIONSHIP HOME
Location: Nassau County Aquatic Center | East Meadow, NY.
KEY PERFORMANCES | RESULTS
- King won the 50 free with a time of 23.09. Sophomores Simona Visinski (24.09), Hallie Perrin (24.13) and Destiny Johnson (24.17) also scored points for the Blue Devils in the event.
- The Blue Devils relay of sophomores Katie Czulewicz, Hallie Perrin, King and Simona Visinski won the 200 yard freestyle relay in a time of 1:33.46. CCSU entered the event with the fifth-best time before outswimming the competition and beating Wagner by 0:00.24.
- Senior Gracie Regan placed eighth in the 500 free with a time of 5:01.61. Czulewicz (4:57.81), freshman Shannon Welcome (5:02.11) and senior Erika Maercklein (5:04.04) swam in the "B" final and also scored points for Central.
- Sophomore Alex Lindgren and junior Katelyn Mann finished fourth and fifth, respectively, in the 200 yard IM final. Lindgren posted a time of 2:05.30, followed by Mann at 2:05.84. Senior Keelin Kendall (2:07.41) also earned points in the event.
- Senior Reagan Kenney placed eighth in the 1-meter diving final with a score of 159.35. Senior Kirsten Bednarz and junior Rachel Pinsky tied with a score of 142.8.
Thursday's prelims begin at 10:00 a.m. with the 500 freestyle. Also being contested on Thursday at the 200 yard IM, the 50 yard freestyle and the 200 yard freestyle relay. The one-meter dive prelims will also take place on Wednesday beginning at approximately Noon. Finals on Thursday night begin at 6:00 p.m.