The Central Connecticut volleyball team won in straight sets at Fairleigh Dickinson on Saturday night at the Rothman Center. Senior Madelyn Kaprelyan and freshman Isabelle Roufs each had double-figure kills as CCSU hit .274 as a team. Central will return home next Friday against Merrimack.
Score: CCSU 3, FDU 0 (25-18, 25-16, 25-19)
Records: CCSU (10-12, 6-4 NEC), FDU (2-22, 1-9 NEC)
Location: Rothman Center (Hackensack, NJ)
- CCSU scored four straight to build a five-point lead at 15-10 in the opening set. The Blue Devils extended the lead with six straight points to make it 23-15.
- Central outscored FDU, 7-1, to take a 10-7 lead in the second set and did not surrender the lead again.
- The Knights raced out to an 8-1 lead in the third set. Central would come back to within 8-6 after back-to-back kills by junior Samantha McCreath. Five straight points would give CCSU a 12-11 lead and the Blue Devils would lead the rest of the way.
NUMBER TO KNOW
11 - Central has won 11 straight matchups against the Knights.
- CCSU is 30-3 against Fairleigh Dickinson since 2001 and has won 11 straight meetings.
- Kaprelyan (12 kills, 18 assists) has posted double-doubles in six straight matches.
- Freshman Isabelle Roufs added 10 kills.
- Senior Erin McDermott had a team-high 20 assists.
- Juniors Ashlyn Eisenga and Emma Henderson had 19 and 15 digs, respectively.
Central hosts Merrimack on Friday, Nov. 1, at 7:00 p.m.