The Central Connecticut women's basketball team fell to Duquesne 72-33 Tuesday night. Due to renovations on campus the game was held at Oakland Catholic High School in Pittsburgh, PA. The Blue Devils fall to 0-5 on the season as the Dukes improve to 5-2.
Ashley Berube led Central with eight points and seven rebounds along with two blocks. CCSU had a rough start offensively shooting just 2-17 in the opening quarter and couldn't overcome the early run by the Dukes. Central outscored Duquesne 12-11 in the fourth quarter with eight of the 12 points coming from the bench.
Score: Central Connecticut 33, Duquesne 72
Records: Central Connecticut (0-5), Duquesne (5-2)
Location: Oakland Catholic High School - Pittsburgh, PA
- In her first collegiate start, freshman Jamey Napoleon opened scoring with a layup off a pass from junior Ashley Forker.
- Senior Bruna Via Artigues drove through two Dukes defenders to score beating the buzzer right before halftime.
- Junior Ashley Berube scored back-to-back baskets on the block in the third.
- In the fourth quarter, sophomore Danielle Delano stole the ball and threw a long pass to Forker for a transition layup.
- The Blue Devils won the fourth quarter 12-11.
NUMBER TO KNOW
12 - Central won the fourth quarter outscoring the Dukes 12-11.
- Freshman Dejah Jenkins scored a season-high seven points.
- Forker had five of the nine Blue Devil assists.
- Five Blue Devils had five or more rebounds. Rookie Claire Sutherland-Case led the team with seven.
- Laia Sole matched her career-high 21 points for the Dukes.
The Blue Devils return to Detrick Gymnasium following the Thanksgiving holiday when they host Albany on Sunday, Dec. 1.